A wonderful romantic retreat
Ideal for a family holiday or family and friends together
Le Magnou was originally designed for 2 separate situations, "The House" and "The Gite" We have discovered the vast majority of guests prefer the privacy of sole occupancy and as a result we now offer the whole property - but with a sliding scale of charges depending on the number of guests - go to our rates page - click here
The Accommodation Includes:-
- Two Lounge Areas - both with television and DVD - French windows open onto the terrace and gardens, both rooms have comfortable sofas and the bookshelves are loaded with something for everyone – there are also plenty of family games, DVD’s and videos. Both lounge areas have great log fires – perfect for the early Spring and late Autumn evenings
- Fabulous Dining Room - it can seat up to 10 for dinner, double entrance doors lead onto the terrace and garden. The large log burner makes this room fabulous for those long drawn out evening dinners in the autumn or winter but the room is also perfect in the summer months with the doors open onto the terrace, fountain and gardens.
- There are two Kitchens – the main kitchen is open plan off one of the lounge areas – with all facilities including dish washer, fridge / freezer, range cooker, loads of work space and butchers block.
- The utility has a Belfast sink and washing machine and makes a great food preparation room and storage area.
- The second galley style kitchen has all facilities so that 2 families on holiday together can have their independence when needed
- En suite family bedroom with double bed and a mezzanine area with a further double and a single bed – the French windows open out onto the south facing terrace and gardens.
- Double Bedroom
- Single Bedroom with bunk beds
- 2 further mezzanine areas one with a single bed and the other with 2 single beds
- In addition to the en suite family room there are two family bathrooms both with bath and shower and also a further downstairs shower room
The Garden kitchen and Alfresco Dining Experience
Our Garden Kitchen and Dining area is one of the the most perfect places to enjoy a perfect evening dinner - the kitchen has all the mod cons - including Dishwasher, Fridge / Freezer and range cooker, but the renovated Bread Oven and built in BBQ are the main features - We moved and rebuilt the old Bread Oven into the new location - and to fully appreciate French Provincial Cooking experience you must allow Christophe to be your chef for at least one very special evening.
Opening in the spring of 2022 will be the Le Magnou SPA. The present pandemic situation has delayed progress but we are determined that the facilities are all in place for 2022. Entrance to the Spa is off the large decked terrace in front of the garden kitchen but it also also has it's own west facing terrace which is perfect to witness those deep red sunsets on warm summer evenings. Eventually this will also be the terrace overlooking the tennis court.
Le Magnou lends itself perfectly for one or two families enjoying the exclusive use of the house and sole use of the gardens and heated swimming pool.
The South Facing Terrace opens onto the lovely gardens and orchard which are all at your disposal - help yourselves to the produce and fruit (in season)
Our neighbour Colette assists with the smooth running of the accommodation and will help with anything you may need - and also provide a wealth of local knowledge on the surrounding countryside - local events and places to see. Our main contractor Gabriel is also a neighbour so you can rest assured that in the unlikely event of an emergency help is at hand - always a comforting thought.
Just relax and enjoy - it has been our pleasure to create the kind of accommodation we feel sure you deserve in an environment that has little competition for peace and tranquility